The web interface of VmWare Server 2 comes with a console, that requires a browser plugin. I have been struggling with Firefox in Linux a lot, and now running Chrome I started looking for another solution.
And there is a great solution: use VmWare player
Simply install vmware player in Linux and invoke it like:
$ vmplayer -h ip.to.vmwareserver:8333
…login and enjoy!
It seems you have to use 8333 (8222 does not work).
Since 9/11 it has become more and more inconvenient to visit USA has been my personal experience. Now, having to apply for an ESTA in advance, and pay $14 for it, despite it is not at all a VISA did not make me happy.
I just came home from New York, flying there with British Airways, via Heathrow. I must say that visiting USA has not been easier and less bureaucratic in a long time. ESTA replaces the green paper form in a simple way.
I needed to:
- Apply for the ESTA online in advance, pay $14, authorizatized immediately
- A few days before travelling, give some personal information to British Airways online
- Show my passport in Heathrow, and answering Yes to the question “do you travel on ESTA?”
- Show my passport in JFK, saying I am there on vacation
- Fill in the customs form that everybody entering USA has to hand in
- Just show my passport when leaving USA
What i did not have to do (which has happened before ESTA) was:
- Being interviewed in EU airport by USA security personell
- Extra/separate security check for USA flights in EU airport
- Fill out the green form and hand over to US immigration
- Keep, and upon leaving USA hand in, the little green paper from the green form, that used to be stamped to passport
From an integrity point of view, ESTA may be questionable. And paying $14 is more expensive than $0 which used to be the Visa Waiver program price. But, I like to be able to travel with just my passport, and not doing paperwork on the way. At no point I needed to show the printout of my ESTA authorization or otherwise give away my ESTA authorization number or anything.
This is of course just my personal experience from one single trip.
New York, as always, was fantastic. I recommend getting up in the Rockefeller Center “top of the rock” rather than Empire State Building. The view is better because you can walk around on a platform where you get an almost 360 degree view instead of having to walk around the whole building. Queues were much shorter (basically none at all). You can see both Empire State building and all of Central park from Rockefeller Center (you dont want to photograph Rockefeller Center from Empire State Building). If you smuggle a small tripod up to Rockefeller Center and use it descretely you can take amazing night pictures from there.
Isn’t it annoying? You just set up your new Märklin Z-layout, but the tracks are a little bit dirty, rusty or whatever, and the the trains stop all the time.
You bring out your item 86501 Gleisreinigungswagen, but it is too heavy to pull up your long 3% slopes. And it is not so practical to just go downhill.
This is what I did:
How to pull your 86501
- Double pulling power
- If one engine loses electrical contact, the other one takes over
- Looks good!
Hope you found this helpful!